Health and Safety
A nurse is on the school premises every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The nurse is responsible for:
- Attending to minor injuries and illnesses that occur at school
- Dispensing medication when necessary
- Maintaining annual height and weight records
- Conducting regular vision and hearing screenings, scoliosis screening and lice checks
In order to assure adequate campus security, the school works in conjunction with an independent security company and the local authorities to oversee general supervision of the internal and surrounding external school environment.
The majority of classrooms and learning/playing areas have direct telephone access.
- For emergency contact with staff and students the school operates a public address system, which can be activated from the front office or by remote control.
- The front office, school nurse, and the community liaison officer can access local emergency services.
- At least one emergency evacuation/lock down, fire or earthquake drill is practiced each term.