Average enrollment during the past 10 years was 410. Students representing over 30 countries attend Nishimachi. 50% of our students hold dual or multiple citizenships. 45% have U.S. citizenship while 50% have Japanese citizenship. Nishimachi is committed to a diverse student body. At each grade level, we try to achieve a balance between boys and girls, between native speakers of English and speakers of Japanese, and among nationalities.
Nishimachi accommodates the academic and cultural needs of students returning to Japan. Each child is different in terms of his or her needs, and each family must decide which school best suits those needs. Returnees are accepted at Nishimachi according to Nishimachi's admissions criteria, with consideration given to individual needs in the area of the Japanese language.
After Leaving Nishimachi
About 30% of Nishimachi ninth grade graduates study overseas mainly in the USA. The remaining 70% stay in Japan and progress to reputable international high schools or private Japanese schools in the Tokyo area. All Nishimachi graduates continue on to complete their higher education.