Community News and Announcements
Community and Environmental Health Week, March 2016
Posted 03/02/2016 02:16AM
COMMUNITY SERVICE NOTICES
As part of the activities for Community and Environmental Health Week, the Community Service Committee, StuCo and the Community Service After-school Club are providing the following volunteer opportunities for Nishimachi students and parents to help homeless people in Tokyo:
- Onigiri-making: Students can help make onigiri after school. Our goal is to make and wrap 400 onigiri, to be given out to the homeless.
- Baking: We will be baking cookies, brownies, banana bread etc., wrapped in individual portions, to be delivered to the homeless.
- Food distribution: Students and parents are invited to join us in handing out onigiri and baked goods to the homeless, alongside Second Harvest Japan's soup kitchen.
- Soap and Hand Towel Drive: The Community Service After-school Club is collecting soap and hand towels for the homeless through the Franciscan Chapel. Delivery to the homeless will be organized by the church in April.
- Middle School - Cookie Decoration Event to Support Animal Welfare!: On behalf of the Nishimachi Animal Support exploratory we will hold a cookie decorating event, in which the proceeds will be handed over to a dog shelter that we will be visiting. With your support we will be able to make a difference at the shelter! Thank you! Nishimachi Middle School Animal Support Exploratory.