Application Timing for Gr. 1-5
- Applications for the next school year can be submitted starting November of the previous year. The application documents will be reviewed from February.
- Applicants will be evaluated for proficiency in English and grade-level Mathematics to ensure children's success, as there is no ESL program at Nishimachi.
- Applications are not prioritized by the date on which they are received.
- Some applicants may be invited to be screened prior to an admissions decision.
- Parent interview for selected applicant is arranged prior to an admissions decision.
- All students at Nishimachi study Japanese, either as a first or second language, 45-60 minutes a day. First-language students typically are children who have at least one Japanese parent and have lived in Japan since birth.
- Each enrolling child will be evaluated for Japanese class placement. Please note that children who have attended a Japanese school are not automatically assigned to a first-language class.
How to apply:
|Once you start the Online Application process, you can always freely stop and return to finish at a later time by saving your progress. Supporting Documents listed below can also be submitted online. To start the Online Application, please click below.|
|Online Application Form|
- Report Cards from the past 2 full school years
- 2 Confidential Student Recommendation Forms must be sent directly to our admissions office from the applicant's most recent teachers (English and Mathematics).
- Standardized Test results if available (such as MAP, ISA, ERB, and IOWA Test)
- Applicant's copy of birth certificate or passport
- Applicant's photo
- A family photo (snap shot is acceptable; no sunglasses)
- Application fee of ￥20,000 (Non-refundable; must be paid in full) (Bank transfer receipt or check made payable to Nishimachi International School)