You have 1 PagePop. View
Application Timing for Gr. 1-5
- Applications for the next school year can be submitted starting November of the previous year.
- All applications will be reviewed from late January.
- All applicants will be screened and evaluated for proficiency in English and grade-level Mathematics to ensure the child’s success at Nishimachi.
- All applicants for Grades 1-5 must have grade-level English in reading, writing, speaking and comprehension as there is no ESL program at Nishimachi.
- Gr. 1 & 2 applicants are required to be screened in-person at our campus.
- Screening results will be sent to parents no later than 2 weeks after the screening.
- Applicants for Gr. 2-5 are usually placed with the children of their own age, although each child is evaluated before final determination is made.
- All students at Nishimachi study Japanese, either as a first or second language, 45-60 minutes a day. First-language students typically are children who have at least one Japanese parent and have lived in Japan since birth.
- Each enrolling child will be evaluated for Japanese class placement. Please note that children who have attended a Japanese kindergarten (nursery school or elementary school) are not automatically assigned to a first-language class.
How to apply
|Once you start the Online Application process, you can always freely stop and return to finish at a later time by saving your progress. Supporting Documents listed below can also be submitted online. To start the Online Application, please click below.|
|Online Application Form|
- Report Cards from the past 2 full school years
- 1 Confidential Student Reference Form (must be sent directly to the admissions office from applicant's most recent teacher)
- Standardized Test results if available (such as ERB, IOWA, MAP Test)
- Applicant's copy of birth certificate or passport
- A family photo (snap shot is acceptable)
- Application fee of ￥20,000 (Non-refundable) (Bank transfer receipt or check made payable to Nishimachi International School)
|If you need to apply by paper, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that you also send us the Supporting Documents listed above along with the Application Form. A passport-sized photo is required to attach.|