Application Timing for Gr. 6-9
- Applications for the next school year can be submitted starting November of the previous year. The application documents will be reviewed from February.
- After application documents are reviewed by the Admissions Committee, the Admissions Office will contact to schedule screenings and parents interviews. Applications are not prioritized by the date on which they are received.
- All applicants will be evaluated for proficiency in English and grade-level Mathematics to ensure the child’s success at Nishimachi.
- All applicants for Grades 6-9 must have grade-level English in reading, writing, speaking and comprehension as there is no ESL program at Nishimachi.
- All students at Nishimachi study Japanese, either as a first or second language, 45-60 minutes a day. First-language students typically are children who have at least one Japanese parent and have lived in Japan since birth.
- Each enrolling child will be evaluated for Japanese class placement. Please note that children who have attended a Japanese school are not automatically assigned to a first-language class.
How to apply:
|Once you start the Online Application process, you can always freely stop and return to finish at a later time by saving your progress. Supporting Documents listed below can also be submitted online. To start the Online Application, please click below.|
|Online Application Form|
- Report Cards from the past 2 full school years
- Confidential Student Reference Forms must be sent directly to our admissions office from the applicant's most recent teachers. (Applicants for Gr. 6-9 (MS) are required to submit 2 Reference Forms; one each from an English and a Mathematics teacher.)
- Standardized Test results if available (such as ERB, IOWA, MAP Test)
- Applicant's copy of birth certificate or passport
- A family photo (snap shot is acceptable)
- Application fee of ￥20,000 (Non-refundable) (Bank transfer receipt or check made payable to Nishimachi International School)
|If you need to apply by paper, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that you also send us the Supporting Documents listed above along with the Application Form. A passport-sized photo is required to attach.|