If you are considering applying to Kindergarten through Grade 6 for the 2017-18 School Year, in addition to Kindergarten through Grade 7 for the 2018-19 School Year, please contact the Admissions Office to inquire about the current space situations BEFORE applying online and submitting the application fee. 03-3451-5538.
The Kindergarten application process for Nishimachi starts approximately one year in advance of starting school. We strongly recommend that you attend the September Open Campus prior to application.
Please find below important dates, timelines and procedures.
Application Timing for Kindergarten
- Applicants must be 5 years old by August 31st of the year they enter Kindergarten.
- Applications for the next school year can be submitted starting September of the previous year.
- The application documents must be submitted by October 31st of the previous year to be considered for the group screening scheduled in January.
- Parent interviews for selected applicants will be scheduled for late October through November, and both parents are required to be present.
- A group screening for selected applicants will be conducted during the second week of January.
- Please note that Kindergarten applicants must be screened in-person at our campus.
- Applicants will be evaluated for proficiency in English and grade-level Mathematics to ensure the child’s success at Nishimachi.
- The admissions result will be sent by early February.
- In order to maintain student language/gender balance in the class, some applications may be kept in the waiting pool after the documents are reviewed.
How to apply:
|Once you start the Online Application process, you can always freely stop and return to finish at a later time by saving your progress. Supporting Documents listed below can also be submitted online. To start the Online Application, please click below.|
|Online Application Form|
In addition to the application form, the required documents below must be uploaded to the online application form.
- Report Cards from the past 2 full school years (if available)
- 1 Confidential Student Recommendation Form (English or Japanese) filled out by the most recent teacher. An additional form can be filled out by the child's teacher from the previous school year if necessary.
- Copy of applicant's birth certificate or passport
- Applicant's photo
- A family photo (snap shot is acceptable; no sunglasses)
- Application fee of ￥20,000 (non-refundable; must be paid in full) (bank transfer receipt or check made payable to Nishimachi International School)